Thinking of Buying a Home?.......Now?!
Actually it's not that crazy of an idea. The economy is improving, Mortgage rates are not as low as they were a few months ago, but still lower than they have been in many years. The Feds are still determined to stimulate the economy and the housing market by providing low down payment loans thru Fannie and Freddie Mac. And finally there are plenty of homes to choose from, and prices are as low as they were in 2002. Seems like there's plenty of reasons to buy.
If you are feeling secure about your job, have decent credit scores of 680 or more, at least 5% for a down payment, and plan to be in the home for at least 5 years - now is the time to buy! Despite the doom and gloom of the national news highliting the issues in AZ, FL, CA, NV, the market in most Eastern Massachusetts communities has stablized. Even if the market drops slightly in 2011 or even 2012, you will benefit from building equity long term. Plus you are benefiting from tax breaks & deductions and the pleasure and pride of having your own place. Waiting for the low point for homes is a lot like trying to time the stock market - when will you know the market has bottomed? Usually it's when you suddenly realize it's gone up, now you are part of the pent-up demand rush, you've lost some leverage and you've missed an opportunity.
Shopping and buying a home does not need to be difficult. This site is intended to guide you through the process. Most buyers have the following questions:
Am I ready to buy a home?
How do I get started?
What is the process to buy a home?
- Home Buyers Basics will I need?
Why I should work with Paul Gustavson?
Thanks for Asking! A typical home buyer today spends over 154 hours and $2200 looking for a home! Let me save you some time and money!
My services help you locate and purchase a home that meets your needs and dreams for the best possible price. I provide respectful and prompt service and use a more innovative approach to buying a home - saving you alot of time and money.
In today's stormy market achieving this goal requires more than an agent doing the typical home "search and show" for you. In this market there are a ton of homes to choose from which can be good and bad!
Do you really want to waste a lot time looking at each home that may or may not meet your needs? How will you know until you spend money to bring in a Home Inspector if your favorite home is really as good as it looks? How do you know if a less attractive home could be remodeled to meet your needs for less total investment?
A typical agent does not provide the services to answer these questions resulting in you investing more time and money then you need to. My buyer services offer you an innovative alternative!
Using my Search +plus buyer service I will;
- Spend time to really understand your vision of your dream home
- Familiarize you on the local market, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
- Research and identify target properties that meet this vision (seach properties in the area )
Research and locate the most motivated sellers including "Short Sales" and Foreclosures.
Prescreen and weed out candidates that do not meet your needs
Schedule and route showings of select homes in a way that best uses your time (and money)
Assist you in locating the best financing
HOME ASSESSMENT SERVICES
The Home Assessment +plus buyer service provides you the confidence that your prospective home is solid and that you are educated about its fair market value before you make an offer. This service includes;
Provide 1st walk-thru assessment of all homes viewed and identify any potential issues
Conduct more rigorous “home inspection” on short list homes (not intended to replace an assessment by a certified home inspector) to uncover any issues that would impact value.
Conduct market assessment of prospective home to validate market value
Prepare your offer and use proven negotiation practices to obtain the best price for your home.
As your agent, why not take full advantage of my Construction Management knowledge while looking for a new home. I can assist you in assessing remodeling or expansion options & estimated costs if necessary.
Here are some basic tools to help you get started on your search
For your convenience, I also provide listings by email.
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.